Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- "Parishioners protest firing of pistol packing pri...
- Responses in the LA Times to Op-ed on Judicial Con...
- "Supreme Court in Illinois frees gun makers of lia...
- Condoleezza Rice on Guns
- Alphecca has his weekly check on media coverage of...
- Major change in Illinois gun laws passes
- More on the delay in confirming judges
- "Republicans Outnumbered in Academia, Studies Find...
- So how difficult has it gotten to confirm judges?
- What is the future for the DC gun ban
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine