Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Supreme Court lets stand lower court ruling striki...
- Vote Fraud in Washington State?
- Debate on guns at University of Chicago Law School...
- Oklahoma law mandates that employees have the righ...
- Howard Dean with lead in race to take over as DNC ...
- Lancet Survey on Post War Fatalities in Iraq Conti...
- The cost of deer (or the benefits produced by hunt...
- Happy Thanksgiving
- She hardly seems like a real risk
- November general election exit polls on gun owners...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine