Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- A very interesting piece arguing that President Bu...
- USA Today: "Companies that ban guns put on defensi...
- Insanity of Zero Tolerance Rules:10-Year-Old Girl ...
- More Letters in NY Post Respond to Op-ed on Steroi...
- One take on Mary Francis Berry's term ending on th...
- Saddam Hussein's trial in limbo
- Letters in NY Post Respond to Op-ed on Steroids an...
- Four victims shot dead in ''No-guns'' Ohio nightcl...
- Academics making inaccurate claims about confirmat...
- So What's Wrong with Players on Steroids?
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine