Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Deterrence works
- Teenager kills violent home intruder
- A reminder of what I wrote three years ago on the ...
- Britain to ban knife sales to those under 18
- Pro-Gun Professor Claims University Denied Him Fre...
- "Judge ruled punch-card voting does not deny right...
- Democrats say they don't trust the voters
- Big Win on Punch Card Voting Machines in Ohio
- Murders in US Down 6 Percent in First 6 Months
- A nice posting on Hanukkah
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine