Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Who gets denied concealed handgun permits when dis...
- CSPAN replaying presentation on Judicial Confirmat...
- "Burglar-alarm policy prompts call to arms"
- New Research and Presentation on the Judicial Conf...
- Talks this week
- More on Zero Tolerance Gone Wild
- What people are missing in discussing the Sentenci...
- 200,000 Total Hits and a New Website Design
- My latest piece is up on National Review Online
- At least in Europe crime guns are a deductable bus...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine