Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- After Right-to-carry laws have been in effect for ...
- "Gun certification moving slowly"
- President of Harvard Gets No Confidence Vote
- One perspective on the legal attempt to over turn ...
- "Study Shows U.S. Election Coverage Harder on Bush...
- Congressional Investigators of Steroid Use in Base...
- Off to give talks over the next couple of days
- A real circus: Congress subpoenas current, ex-base...
- Illinois House Panel Approves Concealed Handgun Bi...
- Piece on why New York City's Gun Industry Responsi...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine