Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Piece on why New York City's Gun Industry Responsi...
- Democrats to disrupt signature gatherers for Schwa...
- Scalia v. Breyer on Using International Law for Pr...
- Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell gets an "F" for h...
- Still More on Felons Voting
- Letters in NY Post Responding to my piece on Felon...
- Cab driver charged after killing in self defense
- More on Felons Voting
- In the UK you must "scare off their prey before op...
- 93 year old man uses gun defensively
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine