Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- So what about Philadelphia's Mayor Street blaming ...
- New Op-ed: Affirmative Action Has Mixed Results fo...
- Internet hunting in Texas may soon be banned
- More on gun free zones
- What has the Brady Campaign and the Violence Polic...
- Deterrence in the Movies
- Happy Easter
- Another take on the National Academy's panel on Fi...
- NRA leader considers letting teachers carry guns
- Apparently it is pretty easy to surprise some US S...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine