Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Letter in Thursday's WSJ
- Transcript of my debate with Michael Barnes from t...
- Arizona Right-to-carry reform goes to Governor's d...
- Liberal Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackman in a ...
- "Lott to be next speaker at SUU Convocations"
- Two appearances on Fox News today
- Ohio's Right-to-carry law
- My friend Ted
- How quickly those "Watch Lists" can expand
- An "Indecent Interval"?
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine