Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- ON Fox News at 5:40 PM EDT today
- New op-ed on "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arm...
- How Hillary Clinton seems to have broken the Campa...
- Violent home invasion stopped
- This tells us something about people's values
- Amazing, the NY Times concedes that the so-called ...
- Fox News Segment on my research on policing and af...
- Yet another reason to pass restrictions on law sui...
- Steve Jobs lashes out against Environmental Activi...
- Soros on campaign finance
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine