Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- "Swiss shooters target Schengen accord"
- New Poll Shows Drop in Support for Canadian Libera...
- Just what I predicted, Minnesota and Concealed Car...
- Levitt and Dubner on Crime
- "Rice: Gun Rights Important As Free Speech"
- Bogus research on discrimination in NY Times
- Of course it would be nice if they actually had so...
- More on possible vote fraud in Milwaukee
- Election fraud in Milwaukee
- Legislation to seize homes with illegal guns in th...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine