Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Texas going to let judges, attorneys to carry guns...
- Unlike New York, Illinois House narrowly defeats s...
- New York Assembly Passes Expanded Assault Weapons ...
- Retired officers slowly allowed to carry concealed...
- Clerks shoots suspected robber
- A Peabody and Applause for Dan Rather?
- Ending Gun registry or closing so-called gun show ...
- Reducing gun free zones in Ohio
- "Misleading filibuster myths"
- Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison on keeping a gun at home...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine