Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Abortion and Crime "debate" at the University of C...
- "No graduation ceremony for student in toy gun inc...
- Police SWAT team protects school from Burrito
- Robbery foiled by a gun
- More on the 129 Vote Gubernatorial Election in Was...
- Missouri finishes implementing their right-to-carr...
- Is the Brady Campaign Violating Federal Tax Law?
- Florida as a gun-law trendsetter
- Gun Use and One's Love Life
- More on Affirmative Action for Police
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine