Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Robbing a beauty parlor was a big mistake
- City may ban slingshots and "shooting instruments ...
- The future of gun control in the UK:: banning "toy...
- Some states finally moving on letting retired poli...
- More reasons why the reckless suits against gun ma...
- "Assistant Principal Shot, Returns Fire During All...
- Canada's "Gun registry: Still wasting tax dollars"...
- "Since 9/11, there's been a rush to arms in Iowa"
- Best Buy Stores Remove Signs Prohibiting Guns on S...
- Only 18% OF CANADA's REGISTERED HANDGUN OWNERS WIT...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine