Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- "22% of federal gun laws now authorize arming staf...
- Minnesotan making up for lost time on getting conc...
- Belgiums ban Police from taking guns home
- "Teachers to get guns for self-defense" (Thailand)...
- Firearms Training in NZ apparently starts in schoo...
- Will Liberals Now Want to Get Rid of NPR?
- O'Connor, not Rehnquist to retire, Alberto Gonzale...
- Supreme Court eliminating the "Public Use" Clause ...
- Push for Assault Weapons Ban in Columbus Ohio
- South Arican Gun Registration Not Working Well
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine