Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- A view on the Judicial confirmation process
- Why suits against gun companies should be reined i...
- Concealed gun case goes to Wisconsin Supreme Court...
- John Fund on Knife control in the UK
- More on the Failure of Canada's Gun Registry
- A thought on Mark Felt and Watergate
- One of the bigger changes in Right-to-carry laws o...
- Chandler, Arizona now allows toy guns to be carrie...
- Life in the UK: First a push to ban knives, may be...
- "Widow uses gun, instincts to fend off burgler"
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine