Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Sometimes the police can not protect people
- How can "Kelo" be fixed?
- Crime in Oklahoma rising before RTC and then falli...
- Could "Kelo vs. City of New London" mean Justice S...
- The National Association of Chiefs of Police just ...
- Bookie odds on who will leave the Supreme Court
- What constitutes the media
- Statistics Canada says that they can't find any im...
- New Op-ed in the LA Times
- More on yesterday's testimony before U.S. House
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine