Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Senate passes bill to rein in suits against gun ma...
- "Resident With Concealed Gun Scares Away Robber"
- Latest on bill to rein in lawsuits against gun mak...
- The rush is on to sue gun makers
- Jack Hirshleifer dies
- How much will gun companies benefit from the legis...
- Things look good on bill to limit suits against gu...
- More Knife control needed in the UK!
- Mark Steyn on the Dems Opposition Research
- Revisiting John Donohue's cancelling of our gun de...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine