Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Walt Disney changed the lyrics for "Born to Be Wil...
- New London charging Kelo plaintiffs with rent for ...
- Gun stocks are hot
- New op-ed on the National Organization for Women
- Story of Sandy Froman's move to the NRA
- "Statistics belie flood of guns from U.S."
- Eliminating Gun Control Produces Huge Drop in Crim...
- The five most conservative and liberal cities in t...
- "Armed citizen's quick thinking yields arrests" (A...
- Update on fake pro-gun website run by Democrats
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine