Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Letter in USA Today on Abortion Rates prior to 197...
- Democrats set up fake organizations to support gun...
- CSPAN debate at 2:00 today EDT
- Bolton On the Second Amendment
- Academics drag feet on giving out data
- Self Defense Lubbock, Texas style
- Ill. Gov. Blagojevich vetoes three pro-gun bills
- Will Justice Breyer's property be taken from him i...
- NOW: Women can determine what to do with their bod...
- Senate passes bill to rein in suits against gun ma...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine