Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- She hates guns, but now plans to purchase one: "It...
- "Man shoots burglar coming through window"
- "Which Democrats will vote 'yes' on Roberts?"
- Changes in self defense rules move forward in Mich...
- Violent crime rates around the world
- Defensive gun story on front page of Atlanta Journ...
- Very disappointed by Rush Limbaugh yesterday
- Justice Dept investigates role of Environmental Gr...
- Guns used to stop crime in New Orleans 4
- More on gun sales increasing after Hurricane Katri...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine