Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- "HUD chief foresees a 'whiter' Big Easy"
- Tidbits about Suit to stop gun confiscation in New...
- States move quickly to ban hunting over the intern...
- Talk at Cornell University Law School
- Senator Schumer has a permit for a concealed handg...
- Are Gun owners justifiably paranoid?
- Supreme Court to review campaign spending limits
- "Clerk at bookstore stopped robbery with gun"
- New Orleans Not so dangerous after Hurricane
- Gun Rights Policy Conference
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine