Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Are Gun owners justifiably paranoid?
- Supreme Court to review campaign spending limits
- "Clerk at bookstore stopped robbery with gun"
- New Orleans Not so dangerous after Hurricane
- Gun Rights Policy Conference
- Photo Voter IDs
- Ending the Assault Weapons ban didn't cause the wo...
- Lawsuit filed to stop gun confiscations in New Orl...
- New Orleans: "U.S. marshals confiscated her weapon...
- Bloomberg News: Frist says O'Connor's replacement ...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine