Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Concealed handgun permit holder saves a life at a ...
- A look at the positive side of price-gouging and g...
- New op-ed on Judicial Confirmation Process up at F...
- California's Attorney General Bill Lockyer has too...
- Outrageous behavior by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tob...
- Texans will soon be able to have handguns in their...
- New Op-ed: Stop endangering employees
- Gun Control Groups not so Grassroot
- Commentary on my op-ed about Canada Blaming the US...
- Thank you
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine