Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- More on the increase in demand for guns after the ...
- Private Relief Agencies Banned from New Orleans: O...
- "New Orleans Begins Confiscating Firearms"
- Interview on NPR's Marketplace Radio to discuss Hu...
- A look at the human side of Justice William Rehnqu...
- After New Orleans, a liberal reconsiders guns for ...
- Sonya has a new webpage of her own
- Gun Purchases Rising in Louisiana After Hurricane
- Gun advice for New Orleans-type situations
- Guns used to stop crime in New Orleans 3
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine