Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Alito and Luttig for Supreme Court, two great poss...
- Perjury by Scooter Libby?: Fitzgerald has at least...
- Australian Gun Laws not reducing crime
- More on Canada making up crime numbers
- Environmentalists sue to stop wind power
- Sun setting the Assault Weapons Ban: Hint, I was r...
- Canadian Prime Minister Makes Up Numbers on Guns
- Great piece on Hollywood and Celebrity views on gu...
- John Fund had a huge impact on Miers withdrawing
- Tom Sowell on Rosa Parks and why she was necessary...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine