Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Sun setting the Assault Weapons Ban: Hint, I was r...
- Canadian Prime Minister Makes Up Numbers on Guns
- Great piece on Hollywood and Celebrity views on gu...
- John Fund had a huge impact on Miers withdrawing
- Tom Sowell on Rosa Parks and why she was necessary...
- Wal-Mart Critics: Do as I say, not as I do
- Liberal MP from Toronto talking about seizing guns...
- One not frequently noted penalty from committing c...
- Democrats and Republicans Going After Oil Companie...
- The Krauthammer Option Picks up Steam
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine