Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Conservative criticisms of Miers' Nomination a con...
- Republican Senators get an earful on Miers
- Gun Crimes Committed with Unregistered Guns In Can...
- Brady Campaign tries to scare tourists in Florida
- Talk tomorrow at the University of Tennessee
- "The good guy finally wins for a change" 82-year-o...
- The Perfect Storm for Judicial Confirmations
- George WIll on Miers
- Supreme Court Refuses To Block Lawsuit Against Gun...
- Why does FEMA have against armed police officers?
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine