Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- David Frum on Harriet Miers
- What is a low poll rating for a politician?
- Rob Texans at your own risk
- Brady Campaign Attacking Florida over new gun law
- Three academic papers have just come out during th...
- What was Tom Delay's Crime?
- A copy of the indictment against Tom Delay can be ...
- TV propoganda?
- A comment on liberal bias in a law school class
- "HUD chief foresees a 'whiter' Big Easy"
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine