Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- An outrageous eminent domain case
- Washington Times gets it wrong on guns
- Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell in Trouble in the Pol...
- Evaluating the impact of gun control: Something t...
- Democrats statements about WMDs/Iraq
- Copy of radio interview debate on KUOW in Seattle
- Who goes shooting
- Judge Sam Alito on Abortion compared to Some Liber...
- Thomas Sowell Explains Some Basic Economics
- "Supreme Court lets stand ban on voting by felons"...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine