Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- "Gun classes offer options to domestic abuse victi...
- A big wind up but not much of a delivery: Response...
- Are New York City Crime Numbers Being Falsely Repo...
- Wisconsin holds hearings on Right-to-carry law
- 83 year old man defends himself, had been carrying...
- People not protecting themselves is viewed as good...
- New op-ed on Alito's nomination
- Few people having RTC permits revoked in Ohio
- Talk Tomorrow
- ABC-Washington Post Poll on Alito
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine