Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Two talks tomorrow at Capital University in Columb...
- Donohue and Levitt on Abortion, How can they miss ...
- New Op-ed on Alito's Confirmation Process
- Levitt's Abortion "Disappeared" When "Programming"...
- Students can apply for scholarships for graduate a...
- The returns to exercise seem pretty small
- National Crime Victimization Survey Data on Self D...
- More Crime Problems in UK: Surge in unsolved crime...
- "Pew Research Center Poll Shows Liberals, Media Ou...
- Canadian Liberals cynically play gun issue
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine