Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Winchester bits the dust
- London, England: "Capital gun crime rises by 50 pe...
- Human Events: Ronald Reagan's "Top 10 Greatest Qui...
- Canada: Liberal Politician says Agree with Liberal...
- Novak on Democrats Filibustering Alito
- UK: "Farmer robbed - and police confiscate his sho...
- Wisconsin Right-to-carry Debate
- Will Democrats really filibuster Alito?
- Who is the most liberal Democratic Presidential Co...
- Lynn Swan Leading Rendell in Race for Governor
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine