Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- The 14 hour cover-up?
- Getting around the one child rule in China
- Sarah Brady on Dick Cheney's accidental shooting
- Gun stops three robbers
- Dick Cheney's accidental shooting incident
- Very close fight expected in adopting right-to-car...
- With tax season coming up soon
- A start on budget cuts
- It is OK to eat fatty food: Another piece of commo...
- Some bad economic advice
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine