Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- NYT: Comparing Apples and Oranges on percent of wo...
- New Orleans finally admits that it took law-abidin...
- Thoughts on Kelo Decision
- Senate Grandstanding on Oil
- Talks this week
- Gun law enforcement out of control in New Jersey
- More Fallout from Kelo v. New London
- So What is Causing the String of Unanimous Supreme...
- More evidence that the Canadian gun registry may b...
- SF approves tough penalties for violations of new ...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine