Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- So What is Causing the String of Unanimous Supreme...
- More evidence that the Canadian gun registry may b...
- SF approves tough penalties for violations of new ...
- Democrats and guns
- Former webmaster: "A 13-year-old kid could hack in...
- Charlie Cook on the odds that Democrats will win c...
- Another serious flaw in Campaign Finance Rules
- Gun control "stalled" worldwide
- Should states allow gun, ammo sales during state e...
- Parental notification and Abortion
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine