Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Interesting conference on the abortion and crime l...
- Defensive Gun Use: Stopping a scary home invasion
- Wealthy People Carrying Concealed Handguns in New ...
- Gun News from Canada
- Concise history of gun control in Britain
- Texas Arresting Bar Patrons for Being Drunk in the...
- Secret list of DC police officers whose testimony ...
- "Pennsylvania's Rendell Headed for Tough Election"...
- A useful sentiment: "Legislation should make crimi...
- What Dick Cheney wants when he is on the road
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine