Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Self Defense Gun Use California Style
- Supreme Court hears Vermont Campaign Finance Case
- Protests in New Zealand
- Edited letter run in New Scientist: "Liberal road ...
- Are Dems or Reps leading in fall races for congres...
- So what is the problem with socialized medicine?
- Appearance on Steve Gruber's "Wildlife" WJR radio ...
- Scalia on guns
- Letters in Baltimore Sun Responding to my Op-ed pi...
- Double Standards on Profiling
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine