Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- The problems with Wikipedia
- News story on defamation suit: Lott v. Levitt
- Appearing on Alan Colmes' Radio Show tonight 11:30...
- New Orleans to start returning firearms: It is abo...
- More on Mayor Bloomberg's War on Guns
- Canadian Government Indicates Intention of Doing A...
- "Wheelchair Athlete Wins Right to Race Alongside R...
- Bush Going After Price-Gouging By Oil Companies, N...
- Does Microsoft Benefit From Some Cases of Piracy?
- Are you "doomed to a Female's Tastes"?
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine