Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- The risk of cancer from air pollution is fairly tr...
- Wal-Mart to Stop Selling Guns in 1,000 stores
- Some interesting quotes sent around by Dan Gifford...
- Canada's Gun Registry Program to Suffer Major Blow...
- "Attempts To Intimidate Scientists About Global Wa...
- In England the Police Don't Always Come Even when ...
- Summary from Today's National Journal Hotline on M...
- Global Warming Hysteria
- Guns at work bill advances in Florida
- "Kyoto is pointless, say 60 leading scientists"
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine