Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- In England the Police Don't Always Come Even when ...
- Summary from Today's National Journal Hotline on M...
- Global Warming Hysteria
- Guns at work bill advances in Florida
- "Kyoto is pointless, say 60 leading scientists"
- Criminals being left off without even having to sh...
- Trying to Keep New Orleans Democratic
- Economist claims: "Strong economy equals more hear...
- Spanish government is scared of Police because the...
- Scientists say global warming due to sun
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine