Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Gov. Bush on Why Crime has Fallen for 14 straight ...
- National Education Association: "Pays Opponents Of...
- Lott v. Levitt Response FIled
- 12 Year Old South Carolina Boy Saves Family by Bra...
- The only type of defensive gun use case that the N...
- Ann Coulter's publisher and syndication group don'...
- 3 AM Home Breakin Stopped with Gun
- Blue State, Red State, Mexican Style
- Do hunter safety classes matter?
- Rod Blagojevich again on guns: will Southern Illin...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine