Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- More on UN gun control conference
- Supreme Court out of control?
- Will Mexico Lurch to the Left this Sunday?
- Update on UN gun regulation conference
- Small comment on Texas Redistricting Case
- George Will nails campaign finance debate
- Defensive Gun Use in San Francisco?
- "House votes to overturn mandatory gun locks"
- Nemerov: "AP Blames NRA for Violent Crime"
- Fox News on Canadian Gun Registry
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine