Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- More on whether teachers should be able to carry g...
- In at least one very tight congressional race the ...
- Detailed information on teachers carrying guns
- "Teacher Hacked to Death in Mexican City"
- Do environmentalists like people?
- Poll on whether teachers should be able to carry c...
- After crimes occur college students try to get sup...
- Two elderly men stop crimes with guns
- Push for more gun control
- New Jersey put sales tax on tanning
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine