Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- An amusing note in the “Bong Hits 4 Jesus" case
- Environmentalists attack Indian Tribe for Building...
- Why are some Presidential candidates so intensely ...
- What is the man-made share of greenhouse emission ...
- John Fund: Al Gore Running for President
- Giuliani on guns
- Justice Clarence Thomas on the harm from affirmati...
- The Brady Campaign Keeps Saying that It Only Wants...
- Alexander Cockburn Deflates Fears of Another "Crim...
- New Documentary by Michael Moore
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine