Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Another unintended Consequence of government regul...
- With Hillary Slipping in the Polls, will she soon ...
- "UK is knife crime capital"
- Gun Registration Under Consideration in Albany, NY...
- An over reaction by academics?
- One prof who probably should have gotten tenure
- Talks this week
- ATF putting more gun dealers out of business
- Shooting at the University of Washington: Another...
- Some of the many problems with Ethanol
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine