Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Man sues dry cleaner for $65 million for losing pa...
- Privatizing Law Enforcement in Southern Oregon
- Nice Article on Utah Letting People Protect themse...
- Stossel: Gun control isn't crime control
- Virginia Tech Students Felt that the Could have St...
- Kansas Veto Override Improves Right-to-Carry Law
- Five of Eight Democratic Presidential Candidates A...
- Trolley Square Mall in Utah occurred is no longer ...
- Some multiple victim public shootings around the w...
- Washington State "Supreme Court says radio talk no...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine