Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- "Why Economists Tend to Oppose Gun Control Laws"
- Texas Governor Rick Perry: : allow Texans to take ...
- Some Changes in National Presidential Primary Poll...
- Supreme Court on liability in police high speed ch...
- Brreaking News: Kansas City, Missouri Mall Shootin...
- An amusing dissent by Chief Justice Roberts
- Two powerful op-eds on gun free zones
- Endorsements adding up for Senator Fred Thompson
- An unbelievably bad father
- Man sues dry cleaner for $65 million for losing pa...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine