Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- John Palmer at the University of Western Ontario B...
- Bogus study claims medical costs are related to ba...
- Army veteran stops carjacking
- Movement to end tradition of keeping military weap...
- Now this is cruel and inhuman criminal punishment
- Another Review of Freedomnomics
- New Op-ed: Driving the Lemon Myth Off the Lot
- General George S Patton Speaks out on Iraq & moder...
- Specter causing trouble for future nominees
- The WSJ Nails New York Governor Eliot Spitzer
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine