Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- "Overzealous in Knoxville"
- More On Iowa Campus Police Not Yet Being Allowed t...
- Another Review of Freedomnomics
- Talk on Friday at 2:50 PM in St. Louis
- Columbus, Georgia sees big increase in gun ownersh...
- More Talks today
- The Soviet Union lost more soilders fighting for o...
- University of Iowa Regents slowly making progress ...
- NRA's political donations small compared to MoveOn...
- More on Teacher Trying to Take a Gun on School Pro...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine